(07) 5479 6652
Dog Friendly Campgrounds, Parks and Beaches Sunshine Coast
Is there anything better than camping with the WHOLE family, the furry ones included? Camping with your dog can be a fun and enjoyable experience for pet owners and pooches alike. Fortunately, dog-friendly campgrounds are becoming more common as park owners recognise that more people want to travel with their dogs.
To ensure the safety and enjoyment for you, your dog and other campers, there are some important things to consider.
There is a little more involved in a camping trip when taking your pet. Planning ahead can prevent unnecessary stress and inconvenience.
- Call ahead and double check with the camping ground about bringing your pooch as some have restrictions on size and numbers.
- Scout out the dog-friendly and/or off-leash parks and beaches in the area.
- Find and save the phone numbers of the 24-hour vets in the area.
- Ensure your dog has a secure collar with current phone numbers.
- Pack a dog specific first aid kit, which includes their medications (if any) and latest vaccination certificate.
What To Take:
- Leash & Collar.
- 20-foot-long lead and tether, as well as stake for ground.
- Harness or dog carrier for the car.
- Poop bags.
- Food, water and dishes. Always take more food and water than you think you need.
- Bed and/or blanket and a tarp for underneath. The tarp will prevent water and cold air from getting through.
- Toys and treats.
- Brush for combing out leaves and dirt etc.
- Glow sticks or battery-operated LED lights – great for attaching to your dog’s collar at night.
We’ve compiled a list of Dog-friendly campgrounds on the Sunshine Coast and surrounding areas to help you plan your next adventure…
Sunshine Coast Dog-Friendly Camping and Caravan Parks;
Golden Beach Holiday Park, Caloundra
Coolum Beach Holiday Park, Coolum Beach
Mudjimba Beach Holiday Park, Mudjimba
Noosa Caravan Park, Noosa
Noosa North Shore Retreat, Noosa North Shore
Tin Can Bay Tourist Park, Tin Can Bay (Cooloola Coast)
Inskip Peninsula Recreation Area, Rainbow Beach (Cooloola Coast)
Boreen Point Campground, Boreen Point
Ingenia Holidays, Noosa North
BIG4 Ingenia Holidays, Noosa
CREEK / RIVER SIDE
Bli Bli Riverside Caravan Village, Bli Bli
Glastonbury Creek Camping Area, Glastonbury
Hidden Valley @ Gro Mad Plantations, Maroochy River
Ingenia Holidays Rivershore, Diddillibah
BUSH / COUNTRY SIDE
Bluff Creek Campgrounds, Kenilworth
Kenilworth Homestead, Kenilworth
Brooloo Park, Bollier
Forrest Glen Holiday Park BIG4, Forest Glen
Imbil Camping Retreat, Imbil
Ingenia Holidays Landsborough, Landsborough
Amamoor State Forest, near Gympie (Cooloola Coast)
We’ve also compiled a list of Dog-friendly parks and beaches on the Sunshine Coast for when you just want to take your pooch for a walk!
Sunshine Coast Dog-Friendly Parks and Beaches;
Buderim Dog Park - Buderim
Coochin Park - Dicky Beach
Keith Royal Off-Lead Dog Park - Marcoola
Brightwater Dog Park - Brightwater
Nicklin Way Dog Park - Warana
Unfenced Dog Leash Free Park - Mountain Creek
Muller Park Dog Park - Bli Bli
Little Mountain Common - Little Mountain
Sippy Downs Dog Park - Sippy Downs
Kawana Island Dog Park - Parrearra
Dog Beach - Mudjimba
Dog Friendly Beach Access 226 - 247 - Warana
Dog Beach - Bokarina
Off-Leash Dog Beach - Bokarina
Dog Beach - Currimundi
Stumers Creek Dog Off-Leash Area - Coolum Beach
Off-Leash Dog Beach - Coolum Beach
Doggy Beach - Noosa Heads
Sunshine Beach Dog Off-Leash Area - Sunshine Beach
Dog Off-Leash Area 210 - 217 - Buddina
We hope this information helps you and your four-legged friends have a safe and fun time!
Need some further advice on caravanning or camping? Give us a call on 07 5479 6652 or contact us online!
SPEAK TO AN EXPERT ABOUT YOUR NEXT UPGRADE
Our team of highly qualified and experienced auto electricians and mechanics specialise in 4wd and caravan upgrades. Book in your phone call now to discuss the best options for your next project
- Shop Off-Grid Packages
- Shop Electric Brake Controlers
- Shop DIY Battery Kits
- Shop Solar Panels
- Shop Inverters